Associated Electrics, Inc. of Lake Forest, CA is one of the world's leading manufacturers of radio-controlled cars, trucks, and accessories. The company is often referred to as Team Associated.
Associated Electrics, Inc. is in search of an experienced Purchasing Agent to oversee our purchasing operations.
This role requires a detailed and organized approach to analyze open purchase orders and anticipated deliveries, as well as predicting future needs, using the appropriate lead times for multiple suppliers. Exceptional communication and organization skills required.
- Ongoing development of profitable purchasing strategies
- Monitor inventory levels, noting trends and product lifecycles
- Work with sales team to reduce inventory overages
- Prepare purchase orders to maintain reasonable inventory levels for 4000+ SKU's
- Manage relationships with key suppliers
- Monitor open purchase orders and ensure timely deliveries
- Negotiate minimum order quantities, delivery timelines
- Receive and reconcile/validate incoming products
- Resolve shipment errors or shipment variances with suppliers
- Authorize payment for purchases, inclusive of receiving documentation
- Prepare and submit reports to accounting and management
- Maintain current and organized records
- Assist in annual inventory audits
Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience
- Proficient with MS Excel and an ERP software, specifically Sage 100 ERP, is a plus.
- 3 to 5 years purchasing experience; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Proven track record of creating and utilizing analysis to guide purchasing decisions and establishing best practices.
- Exceptional and clear communication both internally and externally is a must
- Punctual and reliable
- Good work ethic and team player
- Eager to learn and improve processes
- Independent / Self-starter
- Drive for high performance, takes responsibility and works towards planning targets, overcoming obstacles, setbacks, and uncertainty.
Associated Electrics offers competitive pay in a creative, energetic, and exciting work environment, in addition to great health benefits, a 401K, FSA, profit sharing, and casual dress code.
Interested in being a part of our team? Please forward your resume with a cover letter including your salary history to: email@example.com. Serious inquiries only. No phone calls please.