'Race In To Reedy' and Holiday Brawl Event Announcements
The Reedy Race is pleased to announce two opportunities for those racers that were not drawn in the lottery for the Open Class. On January 19, 2019 at 6pm, OCRC will host a qualifying event where racers will vie for five additional spots in the Open Class and earn a position in the Reedy International Off-Road Race of Champions. These five spots will be in addition to the original 100 drawn lottery entrants.
- Racers must compete in both 2WD and 4WD classes
- Two rounds of IFMAR qualifying
- The fastest times from each class will be added together
- Based upon the combined laps and times, the top five drivers will earn spots in the event
- OCRC rules apply
- Tire and additive combination is not controlled
- Entrants must be available and willing to compete in both 2WD and 4WD Open at the Reedy International Off-Road Race of Champions the following weekend
- Pre-entries accepted by phone or email at OCRC
- Entries limited to the first 40 paid entrants
- Entries close January 19, 2019
- "Race In To Reedy" entry fee collected by OCRC; $20
- "Reedy International Off-Road Race of Champions" entry fee of $200 collected by Reedy Race Organizer
Additionally, OCRC is hosting their annual Holiday Brawl series every Sunday starting October 28, 2018. The driver who accumulates the most points between 2WD and 4WD Modified Buggy will be awarded a spot in the Open Classes. Again, the $200 "Reedy International Off-Road Race of Champions" entry fee will apply and be collected by the Reedy Race Organizer at the end of the series.