Apex2 Hoonicorn RTR
Team Associated is excited to partner with Hooniganto bring you their car in radio-controlled form.
|Apex2 Hoonicorn RTR LiPo Combo|
Out of Stock
(Expected Mid Dec)
This item is not yet available.
|Apex2 Hoonicorn RTR|
The engineers at Team Associated spent countless hours capturing many of the details synonymous with the 1965 Ford Mustang Hoonigan Hoonicorn. Features including officially licensed American Racing VF503 Wheels, rear diffuser, molded intake and turbos, scale brake rotors, and more!
The Hoonigan Hoonicorn Apex2 chassis is equipped with the latest features for on road racing. A front and rear independent suspension with threaded, oil-filled shocks and active rear toe give the Apex2 the ultimate in handling on an uneven tarmac. This makes it a perfect platform for the Hoonicorn and tire-shredding action!
The #30124C Apex2 Hoonicorn RTR LiPo Combo includes a #27201 Reedy Compact Balance Charger and #758 Reedy 7.4V 2S LiPo Battery with T-plug.
A person who operates a motor vehicle in an aggressive and unorthodox manner, consisting of, but not limited to, drifting, burnouts, doughnuts, as well as acts of automotive aeronautics. One who hoons.
- For better handling, A-arm front and rear independent suspension keeps the Hoonicorn under control during the wildest of driving conditions
- Threaded, oil-filled shocks smooth out the bumps when ripping down the tarmac and shredding tires.
- Active rear suspension allows the amount of toe change to be adjusted through the suspension cycle, increasing, or decreasing rear grip.
- A sealed center driveline keeps dirt and debris out along with bits of tire rubber for smooth and reliable power delivery.
- The Apex2 chassis is equipped with metal ring and pinion gears for long-lasting durability that can handle tire-slaying burn-outs.
- 2.5mm thick G10 chassis ensures that the Hoonicorn continues to "Kill All Tires" regardless of what road debris you may encounter.
- The #30123C LiPo Combo includes a #27201 Reedy Compact Balance Charger and #758 Reedy 7.4V 2S LiPo Battery with T-plug
The 1965 Ford Mustang Hoonicorn RTR V2 (HvW2 spec) builds upon where the original Hoonicorn left off. Taking the car that starred in Gymkhana SEVEN, the team modified the 410 cubic inch Roush Yates Ford V8 heart of the Hoonicorn to now feature a custom twin turbo setup from Garrett that feeds the boost through a custom Sitzer Dynamics intake manifold. The end result? 1,400 horsepower that's fed through the Sadev all-wheel-drive system with paddle shifters. The whole package sits on a set of American Racing VF503 wheels with super sticky Toyo Proxes R888R tires. Designed from the start to take a car that was already crazy and make it absolutely insane!
Full-Size Hoonicorn Specs
|Chassis||1965 Ford Mustang Hoonicorn (AWD)|
|Engine||Roush Yates Ford V8, Garrett Twin Turbos|
|Power Output||1400hp / 1250ft-lb Torque|
|Transmission||SADEV Sequential (paddle shifters)|
|Wheels||American Racing VF503|
|Tires||Toyo Proxes R888R|
|Model Version||Electronics Included|
|Part #||Name||Motor||Radio, Servo,|
|#30124||Apex2 Hoonicorn RTR||brushed||included||none||none|
|#30124C||Apex2 Hoonicorn RTR LiPo Combo||brushed||included||#27201 Compact Balance Charger||#751 LiPo|
Due to ongoing R&D, photos may not match final kit. Vehicle shown on these pages equipped with items NOT included in #30124 model: battery and charger.
Ford Motor Company Trademarks and Trade Dress used under license to Associated Electrics Inc.
HOONIGAN Trademarks and Trade Dress used under license to Associated Electrics, Inc.
- Apex2 with licensed 1965 Ford Mustang Hoonigan Hoonicorn and officially licensed American Racing VF503 Wheels
- Injection molded brake calipers and rotors
- 2.4GHz 2-channel radio system
- Reedy brushed speed control and 3-pole brushed motor
- Water-resistant, enclosed receiver box
- Steel dog bones and drive axles
- Sealed front and rear gear differentials
- Adjustable hook and loop battery straps
- Full metal ball bearings
- Aluminum motor plate
- Adjustable shock mounting locations
- Bleeder screws included on shock caps
- Bolt-on steering plates
- Molded one-piece tie rods and steering links
- Adjustable body post height locations
- Steel 25T servo horn
- 2.5mm thick G-10 chassis for increased durability and performance and G10 shock towers
- "Shorty" battery box
- POM-filled injection molded pivot balls
- The #30124C LiPo Combo includes a #27201 Reedy Compact Balance Charger and #758 Reedy 7.4V 2S LiPo Battery with T-plug